Thursday, May 21, 2009

What in the world??? Termites!

I was not going to post the pictures I took of this, but my friend Emily told me I should. SO, needless to say I am letting the world know I have bugs in my house.....actually not anymore! Last week Henry and I were upstairs in his room rocking for a while (because he was really fussy) and I came downstairs to find this on the floor. I had no idea what they were, I just knew I had a million bugs in my den and I started freaking out! Before I did anything I immediately called Beau and told him and he casually said....just vacuum them up. Well, I did not think he understood the quantity, so I took a picture with my camera and sent it to him. He immediately called the exterminator and the guy got in his car to come to our house. When he arrived an hour later I was still vacuuming the bugs because I would finish one area and turn around to find thousands had come back in from somewhere. When he came to spray, he informed me they were termites so I started panicking. Beau came home and continued to vacuum while I tended to Henry and he vacuumed them up in the den, kitchen and our bedroom which is right above this room. The next day the exterminators came back to assess the termites under the house and found to large tubes of termites and wanted to come back to treat our house and gave us an estimate. Who knew killing some bugs would be so expensive!! This was definitely not what we wanted to be spending money on right now, but we do live in a state where termites are very common! Needless to say, we had them exterminated but that was after many quotes, time and money. Now we will never have termites again....right?
Oh, and for all of you who live near us if you do have a swarm that comes in, it is not the end of the world. The exterminator said that they come out of their nest when it rains and then gets really hot and that is exactly what had just happened. Thank goodness Henry was asleep the whole time or he may have nightmares of bugs....just kidding!
I know I should really just blog about Henry, but this was very traumatic! Hope nobody ever sees this in their house! It is pretty disturbing!



No comments:

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs