Sunday, May 24, 2009

Henry's first lake trip

Happy Memorial Day everyone! We took a family trip to the lake this weekend (me, Beau, Henry, Molly, and Sperry- the 2 dogs). We had a great time together and Henry's grandparents (Bill and Jan) were able to come and spend some time with us too. Unfortunately for me (I wanted some sun) it rained or was overcast for the majority of the weekend. However, that was good for sweet Henry because he is not supposed to be in the sun until he is 6 months. Since it was so overcast, we decided to take a short boat trip to get gas, cruise around briefly, and then back home. The only life jackets sold for infants are for children 0-30 pounds. Well, that is a huge difference, so the life jacket swallowed Henry! Since I thought about a life jacket at the last minute, Beau looked all over the city and found this hilarious one. I don't even know who the characters are! Needless to say, our baby was safe on board the pontoon in case a toon fell off or we flipped. We had a nice time, but Henry was not a huge fan of the life jacket. Here are some of the many pictures we took of our afternoon.
Oh, and Henry will be 8 weeks old on Tuesday, but we don't go to the doctor until Thursday....so be on the lookout for a new post on Thursday to update everyone on his status (length, weight and poop)!!! We hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Memorial Day!
"Hello everyone! Happy Memorial Day! Welcome to the lake!"
"Ok, I am a little bored with the lake so I am going to blow spit bubbles."


"Alright, this thing I am wearing is really starting to get in my way!"

"WHY do you keep taking my picture...I am MISERABLE in this life jacket!"

1 comment:

Nikki M said...

He is too cute! We can't wait to meet him and hope he'll have his lifejacket at Lake Lure

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs