Thursday, May 28, 2009

8 week checkup

Let me start with I am sorry I am not posting pictures. I have not taken any, and today was not a good day for sweet Henry. Needless to say, I wanted to update everyone on his 2 month checkup today because I know you are all dying to know. Henry weighed in at 11 pounds 4 ounces. He is 22 1/2 inches long and his head is 15 1/2 inches around. He is in the 50th percentile for his weight and length and between the 25th and 50th for his head size. The doctor was very pleased with everything and we were able to proceed to the immunizations....which were horrible for me and for Henry. However, we did it and he is fast asleep in his swing now.

I did have a little scare today when I changed his diaper and found his poop to have a little green tint, but when I brought the diaper to the doctor (lovely..I smelled the whole way down the hall and in the waiting room), he did not find any blood....YES!!!!! So we are good to go with his formula and are going to continue with it until he tells us to try milk protein again.

Before Henry came into the world I read Baby Wise to help me with his daily routine. It teaches you about how to feed the baby, then play with him for up to 2 hours and then to put him to sleep. It is a 3 hour routine that I follow EVERY DAY! You are supposed to do this all day so that your baby will start sleeping through the night. It says if you follow their routine your baby should be sleeping through the night by the time he is 9 weeks. Well.....we are at 8 weeks and 2 days and not sleeping through the night yet, so I am hoping by Tuesday he will have turned over a new leaf. I am pretty sure that is wishful thinking, but I have to have hope. As of the past few nights, his schedule is he eats at 11, eats at 4, then again at 7:30. So, we are only getting up once, but that is still broken sleep for both of us. I did ask the doctor today if I could put rice cereal in his bottle at night and I got the big NEGATIVE, which is what I expected...but it doesn't hurt to ask!

At this point in Henrys life, he is laughing and cooing more and more and it is wonderful! He loves to be held in a standing position looking around and smiling, and he still loves to be on his back kicking and talking. It is the most amazing feeling to see your baby smile and talk...I mean we made him, what an awesome blessing. It can't get much better than this!

I am headed back to work next week for the week, so I hope he does not reach any new milestones without me. I will try to post some pictures soon, but I know you were all on the edge of your seat wondering how his doctors visit went.

1 comment:

The Adventures of DJ and Katelyn said...

Hi
It is crazy how fast they grow isn't it? Thanks about the comments about DJ.
I really like the photo up top of Henry and Beau. What an awesome picture!!! I also like the pics of him in the life jacket.
Sorry about the termites. When I lived in Ohio I had gone into our basement to do laundry we had termites everywhere. Everything was covered. I still have nightmares about that, your pics made me cringe and have nightmares for you. But the same thing happened as it did to you, we had a hive that exploded because it had gotten really warm after a bunch of rain.
Henry is beautiful. I know Lindsey is smitten with him and always talks about him. Can't wait for little Carlisle to be here!!! I can't believe Henry is only 3lbs smaller then DJ.
Take Care and Enjoy!!!
Tiffany

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs