Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One week old

Well, we have found Henry likes to use the bathroom while we change him instead of waiting for us to get a diaper on him. Last night he felt it necessary to do all of his business...I mean all...while changing him. Needless to say we had to give him a sponge bath because he was covered from head (literally) to toe in his own urine....poor guy! We both laughed hysterically. Here are some pictures of his first sponge bath.






Today at 1:57 our sweet baby Henry was officially one week old. It is amazing how wonderful he is and I hope that he stays like this. So far Henry likes to snuggle up, he likes to sleep and does not like a wet diaper. He loves to swing in his little lamb swing and he LOVES to be swaddled! He loves to stretch and does not like to have his diaper changed.

We took him back to the doctor yesterday and he weighs in at 7 pounds and 12 ounces, which was a great jump from his Friday weigh in at 7 pounds 2 ounces. Also, his billiruben level has gone down, which made us have a sigh of relief. It had gone up 2 points from Thursday to Friday, which concerned us and his pediatrician. However, everything checked out well yesterday and the doctor actually told me I did not have to wake him up to feed him at night, that I could wait for him to wake me up (or my mom). So.....the even better news is that I got 3 straight hours of sleep....TWICE! We went to bed at 12, Henry awoke at 3:30 to eat for an hour and then not again until 7:45. That is a miracle! I was so pumped when I woke up this morning!




2 comments:

mharper said...

Don't you just love getting sprayed! Catches you by surprise every time (or at least it did me) even though you know they are going to do it! So glad you are settling in well. Can't wait to see you all again soon. Glad you are getting some rest!

The View from Up Here said...

Allee- He's just adorable! I know you guys must be loving every second of this! What an amazing blessing! Congratulations again!
Meredith

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs