Friday, March 27, 2009

Our latest news!

Our latest proflie picture of Baby Henry. He looks very warm and content!


I went to the doctor on Thursday and it was definitely more eventful than the past few visits. According to my stomach measurement, I am 36 weeks pregnant....well....THAT IS NOT THE CASE! I know those measurements are just an estimate anyways, but it worried my doctor enough to send me to have an ultrasound. Fortunately the ultrasound looked good and Henry is estimated to weigh in at 7 lbs 8 ounces yesterday. So, needless to say, we will have a nice big baby boy.
In my ultrasound, the tech tested my umbilical fluids and found they were a little lower than they should be. I have also not dialated a single bit, so, my doctor feels like it would be better for both me and Henry if we induced labor on Tuesday. Since I am not dialated at all, I will go in on Monday night and take some medicine to open my cervix. Then on Tuesday morning I will get the ptossin which should start my contractions. So, unless I do not go into labor on my own this weekend, that is the plan. We are taking Beau's computer with us to the hospital, so if we can post pictures on Wednesday of Henry we will. Please keep us in your prayers. We are all really excited, but also a little nervous!

7 comments:

Micah said...

oh Alle, how exciting!!! I know you are nervous though...it will be great. Dr. Keeton will take good care of you and you will be holding your sweet little boy soon!!!!!! You will be a natural mother! Love you lots! Let me know if you need anything!!!

There's No Place Like Home said...

Cannot wait to meet the little bundle! Everything will be fine. I did the same process with Annah and it was easier than you think...you can get your epidural before they even start the pitossin and I took several naps during labor! See you Wednesday!

Emily said...

So I guess this means you won't be at the last Bible Study? Just kidding!! I am looking very forward to this! I will blog updates for you all day Tuesday is Beau's computer has internet! That will be my job....historian of this great birth!

Margaret said...

YAY, Alle!!! I'm so excited for you! Welcome to the blogging world and I cannot WAIT to hear the good news about Henry's birth in just a few days! Good luck! xoxo

Bob Noƫ said...

Mom has begun her "nesting" this weekend and cannot keep her from cleaning the house. The bug has not hit me yet! (She is waiting for it to hit me!)
Alle, we are awaiting anxiously and are so excited. We hope all goes well and Beau holds up under all the excitement and stress!
Dad

Paige said...

Congratulations Alle! I was induced for Walt because they thought he was going to be a rather large one too. I liked it so much, I asked to be induced again to have Emmie. Good Luck! I look forward to seeing pictures of Henry.

MatersandMelons said...

You probably won't get this until after Henry's arrival, but good luck! I did the Cervadil with two of my babies and was induced with all three -- and it went fine every time. I can't wait to see pictures of that precious boy!

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs