Wednesday, February 10, 2010

You have got to be kidding me!

WARNING: This story bounces around a little, so try to keep up....

There are a few things in the world that I cannot stand.....one being the stomach bug. Let me start at the beginning....Last Thursday, my brother in law, Brent and his girlfriend, Jess, came to stay at our house for a few nights. All was good until we woke up on Friday morning to a crib full of throw up. Yes, that means that I am a terrible mother because my sweet Henry slept in throw up for a lot of the night. I had no idea and even went in to his room around 3 AM to check on him because he had cried a few times.
This led me to take him to the doctor on Friday (for almost 2 hours) to find out he has AN EAR INFECTION!!!! We were completely shocked and frustrated at the same time. The doctor mentioned to us before we got tubes that this could be a possibility, but I just assumed it would not happen to us....well, it did. He also told us that the reason Henry threw up was because of the ear infection, not the stomach bug. Needless to say we thought we were in the clear. Well, we had some friends over on Saturday night because we all had cabin fever and had a great time.....

That night, Henry was sound asleep in his bed when I went in to check on him to find a dirty diaper. I could not have my little guy sleeping in that all night, so we woke him up, changed him and while trying to get him back to sleep, he proceeds to start coughing (maybe it was the Tylenol I was trying to give him), and vomits EVERYWHERE! It was awful! Being a new mom, I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Well, with advice from my mom, Beau and I managed to get Henry back to sleep after about an hour.

Let's move to Sunday night....Superbowl Sunday....we went to a party at some friends house to celebrate while my mother in law came and stayed with Henry. We had a great time, thanks Michelle and Jason, but nobody has been the same since.
Upon my count, I believe in my heart, our family has contaminated about 15 people. I feel soooooo horrible! I had a mild version of the bug on Monday, but other than that we are all back to normal. That is another reason I feel so bad. Beau and I deserve this horrible bug we have somehow passed along to all of our friends. To all of my dear friends who read my blog, I am so sorry if you got the stomach bug from us. I hope we will remain friends after this horrible outbreak. I hope you all feel better and it all ends now!
Sorry no pictures this time around....too gross!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hilarious! I'll still be your friend has my case was mild compared to some of the others. Don't worry. It's not your fault. It's Henry's. Just kidding.

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs