SO, in my last post I told you Henry cut 2 teeth at the same time. Since then he has had a constant (green) runny nose, has been more irritable, has had trouble sleeping, and is not eating as much as he should. A few days ago he started messing with his ears and I thought ...hmmmmm... maybe Henry has an ear infection. That led me to call the nurse as I have done almost every week since Henry was born. She told me to come in so the doctor could check his ears. Well, after being at the doctors office today from 11:55 to 1:45 they came to the quick conclusion that Henry has his first ear infection (it did not take that long to diagnose, I think everyone in Columbia was sick today). That led me to Walgreens to fill his 2 prescriptions while Henry snoozed in the backseat (I had to wake him up from his morning nap an hour early to take him to the doctor and he was up for his second nap of the day). I get the prescriptions and the pharmacist tells me he has to eat with his medicine and that I should try to get it in him soon so he can get 2 doses in today. I drive the 2 minutes home and Henry wakes up, eats some bananas, takes his medicine and feels like it is time to play....naturally! After another hour and a half, Henry finally poops out and goes down for a nap. It has been a long day, and I know what caused all of this......the picture below shows it all: his 2 new bottom teeth.

I have no idea how long Henry has had an ear infection. He has had no fever and has been somewhat fussy, but relatively happy. These are the pictures I took of Henry after he ate his bananas and it was time for nap. He does not look like a baby in much pain here!












2 comments:
Poor baby. Sometimes ear infections are hard to determine. Ty luckily only had 2 and both times no fever, but didn't eat and that was my clue. (along with pulling ears and congestion). Hope he feels better!
I think the parents suffer more than the kids with ear infections! Photos are great...especially of the teeth!
Post a Comment