Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My little walker....

I am so sorry I have not posted since Henry's ear infection. As of right now, I don't think he still has one, but he is constantly touching his ears and is not sleeping. Who knows??? We go back to the doctor for....get this....HIS SIX MONTH CHECKUP....next Wednesday!!! I can't believe my little man is going to be half of a year old. Time really flies!

Henry has become so entertaining! He loves, loves the dogs (I think more than he loves us) and wants the dogs attention all of the time. When he wakes up from a nap, the first thing he does is look for the dogs in his room. As soon as he spots them, he gets a huge grin on his face. It is pretty sweet....except for the fact that the dogs want nothing to do with him! Molly actually goes the other way when Henry even sticks his hand out to her. It may be because he grabbed a handful of hair and pulled most of it out a while back, but she needs to get over that!

If you have met Henry, you know he is constantly moving...all day long! He loves to be standing anywhere...the floor, your belly, the exersaucer, and now the walker. Henry stayed with my parents...thanks guys....last Friday night so we could get up at 5:45 to go to a football game. While he was there, they put him in a walker they borrowed from their neighbors just to see what he would do. WELL, he loved it. He chased their dogs around their island, checked out all of the knobs on their cabinets and proceeded to scrape all of their pictures off of their fridge and place them in his mouth. He is so happy in this walker and I think he is doing a great job in it. While he is at our house he chases the dogs mostly and they just run full force away from him. He also will come to you when you call him, and he is pulling everything down from the tables and refrigerator. Needless to say my house is not baby proofed yet because he could not get to anything....so that is our next step. I am so glad he loves being in his walker. He wants to be moving and grooving, but has not been able to, so this is a wonderful answer to his little prayers.

On another note, Henry is trying his hardest to crawl. I will post the latest picture of him attempting it. He gets his little feet and knees in the right place and moves back and forth, but then gets nervous and puts his knees back down. Today he started to go backwards and his Ganny said that is usually what they do first, so I will keep you posted.

One more thing....Henry loves a bath! My dear friends Mandy and Laura each let me borrow their little bath seats that babies can sit in in the bathtub and he is so happy not to be in that little tub next to the sink. He splashes with his hands and feet, and loves to lie on his back while we hold up his head. I will have to post some bath pictures next.

Beau has gone on a hunting trip for the next 12 days, so I will be going at this parent thing full force....with the help of my parents and Beau's mom (thanks guys)!!! Be on the lookout for some new pictures soon so I can update Beau, even though he probably can't get to a computer.

3 comments:

There's No Place Like Home said...

Wow! He is getting so darn big!

The Adventures of DJ and Katelyn said...

OMG...love the video of him in the walker. They are truly amazing!!! You all take care!!!

The View from Up Here said...

How wonderful! He's getting so big! Emily Grace loved the walker too. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs