Monday, September 27, 2010

My Big Boy!

Wow how things change so quickly!!!  Henry will be 18 months on Thursday and he is such a toddler now and definitely not a baby!  Since he will be 18 months, he will now have been walking for half of his life....which I think is pretty crazy.  Since he is such a good walker/runner, he has had to find some new hobbies.  Climbing is one of his latest "things" he likes to do.  Yes, he has already fallen off the couches, chairs, etc...and has, I hope, learned his lesson, however, when he climbs up on the couch or chair and starts reading and talking to himself, I want to melt!!!  He LOVES books!  Especially truck, car, train, etc books!  He will look at them for hours and he has started imitating the things I say when we read them because we I read all the time.  I found him in the den twice in the last week reading to himself....pretty sweet!




Henry also has this tongue thing going on????  When he is focusing, laughing, and reading he sticks out his tongue.  Who knows who taught him this?


These last group of pictures are from this past weekend.  My brother, Collin, his girlfriend, Brigit, Henry, Beau and I all piled into Uncle CA CA's (Collin's) jeep (Henry was in heaven, and I got the ok from his grandmother to do this), took the top off, and cruised around the Forest Acres Green Festival.  Henry was extremely excited about the jeep and just admired the outside the whole time.  It was pretty funny!



If you know my mom and dad, you will know them to be the biggest recyclers in the world!!!  They were sort of in charge of the recycling at their church.  My mom is in the orange vest.....Henry is playing with a yogurt container that they made into some kind of game???  He seemed to like it!

My parents also have a compost pile, which I am not going to get into, but my dad set up a tent to give tutorials for composting.  This is Henry with my parents learning how to compost!

Here are dad and Henry riding the space ship in the church playground.  Henry loved it and I think Beau did too.....notice Beau's mouth.  He is making space ship sounds!

I promise I watch my child during the day....however, I had accidentally left out a 100 foot spool of Christmas ribbon that Henry found in the guest bedroom.  He managed to get it all in knots around him and walked into the den like this.....needless to say I had glitter allllllllll over!  It was pretty funny!

1 comment:

Micah said...

all the pictures are cute but the "tongue" picture is ADORABLE!

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs