Monday, August 27, 2012

Finley's First Birthday

Finley was one on August 17, 2012.  He is such a sweet boy and loves to be on the go like his brother does.  The day he turned one was the same day we had my brother's rehearsal for his wedding.  We were all in Asheville for the wedding so we had a birthday breakfast for Finley and he had a birthday cupcake!  He LOVED his cupcake!  Unlike Henry, Finley will devour ice cream, cake, cookies, etc.  
Finley is a fun little person to have around.  He is not always the happiest (I am sure because he wants someone to hold him), but he is getting better about playing around the house with his brother.  He loves to be outside and hardly ever cries when we are outside playing.  Finley loves, loves his brother and if Henry was a little calmer, he and Finley would get along great.  Henry things he and Fin are the same size and wants to play with him like he would a best friend.  Finley still does not understand what is happening.  Needless to say, Finley loves to watch Henry, push toys and chairs around, go through my cabinets and pull everything out, pull out the wipes from the wipe holder, put everything in his mouth and chew, and he loves to eat.  For breakfast he usually eats bananas and either a nutrigrain bar or a pancake or waffle.  He has not been very interested in eggs, but loves to eat peanut butter on anything.  For lunch he eats goldfish, fruit, turkey, cheese, pb&j, noodles....that sort of stuff.  For dinner (his favorite meal) he eats everything!!!!!  I would say his favorites are (in order of favorites) peas, corn, noodles with meat sauce, chicken, bread, watermelon, beans, quesadillas (we eat mexican a lot), mac and cheese and pizza.  He will devour his dinner almost every night.
As far as interacting goes, Finley has 4 words right now, uh oh, thank you, please and dada.  He does not consistently say anything else, but speaks baby language all day long, so I know he can talk!  
We are still working on the milk issue.  I started soy milk, but I think it is giving him a stomachache....this is so frustrating.  Oh, and Finley started school last week.  He is going MWF and has the same teachers Henry had.  Finley is adjusting, but still crying at drop off.  I know as time passes, he will be fine, but I still feel awful!  
Beau took Finley to the doctor last week for his year check up.  Here are his stats:

Weight: 21.5 pounds 30%
Height: 29.5 inches 40%
Head Circumference: 18.25 inches 50%

I was not planning on having a big birthday celebration for Finley like I did for Henry, but at the last minute I decided to do a family birthday for him.  Here are his cake pictures!  He loved his cake...unlike his brother who cried the whole time!

















No comments:

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs