Monday, May 23, 2011

Lots of changes going on here!

After long discussions and thought, Beau and I decided to do some work in our kitchen.  We are sitting at about 6 weeks now and they are making progress, but you can't renovate a kitchen without issues!  Here is our kitchen before renovations....I had already packed all of the pictures, so nothing is on the wall here.

Walking into the kitchen from the dining room.






This is what our dining room looks like now....a fridge, all of our food necessities and our table is in the living room.

 This is what it looked like at the beginning because our walls and ceiling are plaster, so there was a ton of dust!

 We took out half of our wall to make a bar and open up the place a little.

We have a lot of weight on our kitchen, so in order to take out part of a wall, we had to get a longer steel beam....awesome!

 We were without walls for about 2 weeks.  There were nails everywhere.  Very safe for a toddler!





 We finally got walls and I swear they puttied and sanded for a week!






We ran into a speed bump when we could not find tiles to match our previous tiles.....so out go the floors.  This is what it looks like tonight.....the floors are being put in tomorrow and stained on Thursday.  Hopefully the cabinets will be installed on Monday.....hopefully!  I will keep you updated.


 
 This is what it is going to look like looking into the dining room.  I love it!


1 comment:

The Adventures of DJ and Katelyn said...

OMG....I knew you were doing some work, but when I stopped by Friday evening during the rain storm to let the dogs in and I walked in and no big deal I seen the plastic and the wall knocked down, got half way thru the kitchen and realized there was NOTHING left in the kitchen. I was wondering about the floors since you ripped out everything, I loved those tiles you had down. I really cant wait to see it done...I HOPE REALLY SOON :-)
I hope you are doing well and getting ready for the little one, on top of everything else.
TAKE CARE!!!!
Tiff

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs