Monday, March 22, 2010

There is a first for everything!

Well, it seems that the last few weeks we have had a lot of firsts. I will start with the first of the firsts:

1. We finally turned Henry's car seat around....I know, he is not 1 yet, but what is 2 weeks in the grand scheme of things??? It is awesome to be able to see his face, talk to him, give him crackers, water, a pacifier, you get the picture. Another thing that has helped our car rides is the car tv Henry got for Christmas. Wow, what a difference that makes. If I want him to stay awake, I play Yo Gabba Gabba. He will not fall asleep because he loves to watch it!!! I try not to turn in on everywhere we go, but I will on occasion!

2. Henry went to the Emergency Room... Henry's ER story: Thursday night I was folding laundry in the living room, talking to Beau, and watching Henry run around, pull the clothes down and play with Beau. At one point he tripped and went straight into the corner of our coffee table. I actually bought pads for the corners and put them on, but then we never went in there, so I took them off...... So, the next thing I know Henry is screaming, bleeding everywhere and has a hole in his forhead. It was awful!!! We did not know what to do at first, but then the parents kicked in and we put him in the car and tried to drive quickly to the emergency room. Unfortunately the traffic was awful and we got behind every slow person....however, Henry had stopped bleeding and stopped crying. We got to the hospital, along with all of the grandparents and were seen pretty fast. However had to wait and wait in the back to get all of the "stuff" done. Come to find out Henry did not need stitches, but instead the doctor glued it together after cleaning it out with freezing cold water for 5 mintues. All of the cleaning and gluing took about 20 minutes of us holding Henry down and him screaming....tons of fun, but better than stitches!!! It was not a fun night, but they loaded him up with motrin so he slept through the night. I was thinking he would probably wake up and need more pain medicine, but he was good. The even better part was he woke up happy and himself, so I knew he felt better. I imagine this will be the first of many trips to the ER, but it is scary!
3. Henry had his first hair cut!! I hated getting his hair cut before his 1st birthday, but he was growing a baby mullet and it was getting longer and longer by the minute. I was planning on taking him for his Easter picture today so I scheduled his hair cut so he would look nice for the picture... his hair is great, but no Easter picuture with a gash and glue on his head.

4. Henry figured out how to stack the star shaped blocks on the post....you have to watch the video to understand what I am saying....it's a little long!

5. We went to our class at the Little Gym on Monday and our instructor talked about throwing balls. We practiced and practiced. We have also practiced outside with the dogs. Well, today he really started tossing the ball. It is so amazing how fast he learns if you just practice something (oh, ignore his outfit....we just changed his diaper and were getting ready to change his shirt because it was filthy from lunch).

6. We had our big family dinner at our house on Sunday. Henry did great and actually got to eat with the family. It was lots of fun!

7. I am not sure how this will be taken, but Henry has started LOVING watching TV!! Actually, he will really only watch 1 show....Yo Gabba Gabba. However, he has started watching a whole show without moving. I guess it is good and bad...good so I can get some stuff done, but bad because he should not be watching tv all of the time. We only watch in moderation.....sometimes! I put him on the floor and he stayed there for the entire show!

8. Henry is still having issues with his congestion, so after going back to the doctor, he is now on Allegra and Singulair....we have not been on them long enough to tell if they are working or not. He is still congested and coughing!

3 comments:

mharper said...

So good to see you tonight. You didn't tell me you had to go to the ER! Glad he is ok. You are probably right. The first of many trips. I see you found him new balances. They are so cute. The videos are precious. The same lady cut Ty and Griff's hair last month. Love the updates!!

Bob Noƫ said...

It's hard to believe that even though Henry is not yet a year old, he is so grown up in so many ways. I love the videos showing him in action-stacking items and throwing the ball - awesome!!! It's so much fun to watch the process!! Love, Grammie

MatersandMelons said...

Oh my gosh, I don't know how you stand watching Yo Gabba Gabba all the time. DJ Lance and those weird monsters drive me crazy!!!

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs