Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I, along with many others, love Christmas time! I love the hustle and bustle at every store I walk into, I love the weather...when it's cold, I love the white chocolate peppermint mocha at Starbucks, I love the stress of picking out that perfect gift for everyone, I love all of the food even though I should spare some and most of all I love the extra time spent with my family. We have been busy the past 10 days preparing for the one big even...the birthday of Jesus! Since it is Henry's first Christmas we are trying to make it special, we are beginning new traditions and spending lots of time together.
To begin, we had to go straight to the Farmers Market to pick out the oh so perfect Christmas tree...I have to say, it is a beautiful tree but after I forced the angel on the top, it leans a little. Henry has also found the tree to be pretty interesting. Actually, he does not like touching the tree so much as the ornaments and the lights...go figure!


Henry and Santa....in this picture, Henry has just realized he is sitting on someones lap. I think he is in shock, but smiling!


I love this one of Henry...he looks so happy!

Our family Christmas picture...sans the dogs this year.

Henry's first Christmas party with Ganny (Beau's mom)!
All Henry wants to do now is walk around while someone is holding his hands.


Henry with Grammie and Papa...my parents.


The contemplative look from the men.

Henry got his first double ear infection yesterday...ouch! I thought I would get a picture on the day of his diagnosis..and check out those 2 teeth on the bottom!


Henry in his Santa pajamas and hat....and upside down passy!


They say...My First Christmas...they are adorable and have a reindeer on the bottom. I tried to get a picture of him crawling from the back, but was unsuccessful!


Henry has figured out how to crawl over the bars under the dining room table...he is very happy in his Santa sweater...I will get a better picture of it later, it is adorable!

I was trying to make a bow for the front door very unsuccessfully...Henry loved the ribbon!

My Uncle Jim made these blocks for Henry and he loves them...especially to be on top of them. Unfortunately he is going to be a climber!
We have had a good time thus far. Be on the lookout for more pictures of this wonderful time of year!

1 comment:

MatersandMelons said...

Hey Alle! I need your address to send you a Christmas card. And correct spelling of your last name -- email me at tomato2@islc.net

Thanks!

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs